Skip to main content

Moroccan Red Clay - hair and beauty treatments




Red clay is one of my recent discoveries.  I came across the name numerous times while surfing the Internet, and only read great reviews.  I decided to make a purchase a few months back, and finally put this clay to use.

Most of you know that I have tried several clays, and have been satisfied with each one.  I try to keep them on hand and tend to use them more for my hair than for my face or body.  My favorite clays are Indian clay and Kaolin clay.  Simply add water, aloe vera juice, and/or apple cider vinegar, and you've created an instant paste.  The amount of liquid used will of course be based on what you're creating; facial, hair conditioner, foot application, etc.

Red clay can also be used on the body, head to toe.  It has been used for centuries- across the world.   Tackle blemishes or create cleaner and clearer skin.  Alleviate acne, discoloration and create youthful skin.  If you are suffering from any of the mentioned issues, consider red clay as a natural, affordable remedy.  

I most recently applied the clay to my hair for a cleanser/conditioner.  My hair was softer and easier to comb through than normal, but I found that Bentonite (Indian) clay and kaolin gave me better results.  In the future, I plan to only use red clay for skin concerns.




Popular posts from this blog

Kelp Powder - Mineral Hair Treatment

View my sea kelp natural hair treatment I tried over the weekend.  It is a simple process that offers great results- shine and additional minerals that are great for the hair.  My concoction included kelp powder, aloe vera juice, and oils.  I decided to use coconut and red palm oil in my mixture, but feel free to use whatever oils work well with your hair- almond, apricot, etc.  Leave the mixture on for 2 to 4 hours.  It's easy to wash out, and the smell is minimal.  The first pic of my hair shows my texture prior to the treatment.  View the sheen and length after treatment.  This is a completely natural home remedy.  Care to learn more about kelp and how it supports hair growth, and the overall body-depending on how you use it.   Check out the link from Herb Wisdom for additional info.   http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-kelp.html

Living Greener- 6 Simple Updates

I believe it's been embedded in our heads that living a green life is challenging, time consuming, and expensive.  Here are several minor updates you can incorporate into your everyday living, leading you to a greener lifestyle.  I've included facts to go along with several of the topics. 1.  Laundry/Dishes- Only wash dishes and laundry when you have a full load, and use earth-friendly cleaning products http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/02/how-to-go-green-laundry.php#tips 2.  Household Cleaning - Make your own cleaning products or buy products that are safe for the environment and your home.  Most people are surprised at how affordable these products are.  Many are comparable to those packed with chemicals and toxins. http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/01/how-to-go-green-cleaning.php#tips 3.  Natural Skin, Hair, and Body- Try homemmade products, or shop smart and choose products that are safe and good for your body.  If you think of how many...

Anxiety- The Natural Cure

Apparently, anxiety is pretty common in America, and even more common when we look at the number of women that suffer from this condition, vs men.  I was searching for info on anxiety, and I came across this awesome article -  click link below .  Also, see the 8 facts of stress that the article explains, but be sure to read the full article as it gives in-depth info on this condition, particularly if you or someone close to you suffers from anxiety. https://www.elementsbehavioralhealth.com/anxiety-disorders-2/8-facts-anxiety-anxiety-disorders/ Fact #1 : It’s normal to worry or feel anxious about some things in life. Fact #2: Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the United States. Fact #3: There are many types of anxiety disorders. Different kinds of anxiety disorders include: Of all of the anxiety disorders, GAD is the most common, affecting 5 percent of all Americans a...