Skip to main content

Zinc



Boost your immune system, and start repairing your body internally with zinc.  My (functional medicine) doctor recommended that I incorporate zinc into my diet, by taking a daily supplement, but preferably considering zinc in my food choices.  It was explained that zinc could assist with reversing some of the internal damage of my stomach.  For most of my life, I've been consuming gluten, probably daily, never realizing that it was wreaking havoc on my intestines.

In the beginning, I mainly suffered from constipation.   As I got older, bloating and stomach discomfort became a daily thing, along with the constipation.  My stomach issues became my life, and began controlling my life, and even my wardrobe.  Yes, my scarf collection, and flowy tops expanded.   Keeping a scarf on hand daily, in case I needed a cover up for my distended belly.   Then came the hiatal hernia and belching, after almost every meal, and I'd sometimes experience back pain too.

Recently realizing that I was extremely sensitive to gluten, I began adopting the gluten free attitude. "#glutenfreeforlife," says my body.  My (functional medicine) doctor insists that I just run with it, and forget about the life that once was, life of gluten.  It's been a journey, but I feel so good. 

My main goal is to keep my diet interesting, and to avoid good overboard with foods labeled GF.  At times, the GF foods are worse than the foods containing gluten.  Only because the manufacturers/companies have to ensure that the food still taste and looks good.  Sometimes, that means adding a bunch of sugars, soy, industrial seed oils. and  other inflammatory substitutes that are equally as bad as consuming gluten.

I'm having such huge success with my newfound lifestyle, and zinc will assist in reversing some of the damage I caused  in the past. 

Suffering from gut troubles, acne, energy loss?  Zinc may be worth trying.   See charts below for other zinc uses, and foods containing zinc.







Popular posts from this blog

Kelp Powder - Mineral Hair Treatment

View my sea kelp natural hair treatment I tried over the weekend.  It is a simple process that offers great results- shine and additional minerals that are great for the hair.  My concoction included kelp powder, aloe vera juice, and oils.  I decided to use coconut and red palm oil in my mixture, but feel free to use whatever oils work well with your hair- almond, apricot, etc.  Leave the mixture on for 2 to 4 hours.  It's easy to wash out, and the smell is minimal.  The first pic of my hair shows my texture prior to the treatment.  View the sheen and length after treatment.  This is a completely natural home remedy.  Care to learn more about kelp and how it supports hair growth, and the overall body-depending on how you use it.   Check out the link from Herb Wisdom for additional info.   http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-kelp.html

Living Greener- 6 Simple Updates

I believe it's been embedded in our heads that living a green life is challenging, time consuming, and expensive.  Here are several minor updates you can incorporate into your everyday living, leading you to a greener lifestyle.  I've included facts to go along with several of the topics. 1.  Laundry/Dishes- Only wash dishes and laundry when you have a full load, and use earth-friendly cleaning products http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/02/how-to-go-green-laundry.php#tips 2.  Household Cleaning - Make your own cleaning products or buy products that are safe for the environment and your home.  Most people are surprised at how affordable these products are.  Many are comparable to those packed with chemicals and toxins. http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/01/how-to-go-green-cleaning.php#tips 3.  Natural Skin, Hair, and Body- Try homemmade products, or shop smart and choose products that are safe and good for your body.  If you think of how many...

Anxiety- The Natural Cure

Apparently, anxiety is pretty common in America, and even more common when we look at the number of women that suffer from this condition, vs men.  I was searching for info on anxiety, and I came across this awesome article -  click link below .  Also, see the 8 facts of stress that the article explains, but be sure to read the full article as it gives in-depth info on this condition, particularly if you or someone close to you suffers from anxiety. https://www.elementsbehavioralhealth.com/anxiety-disorders-2/8-facts-anxiety-anxiety-disorders/ Fact #1 : It’s normal to worry or feel anxious about some things in life. Fact #2: Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the United States. Fact #3: There are many types of anxiety disorders. Different kinds of anxiety disorders include: Of all of the anxiety disorders, GAD is the most common, affecting 5 percent of all Americans a...