Skip to main content

Oil Pulling- A Simple Detox




So before you begin reading this, let me say that I am prepared to hear words of doubt, confusion, and just plain ol' 'are you crazy?!' concerns.  I know this because I have been sharing this simple practice with a few friends, and they all looked at me with the side eye, as if this is something I learned from of a cult. 

But seriously, this is an opportunity to hear results before you jump on the bandwagon. 

Simply put, oil pulling is a form of detoxing and cleansing the body.  It is so easy, and close to free-  so right up my alley when it comes to time and cost.  Also, please note that this method of detoxing has been performed by many for ages, and has been identified as a best practice for healing the body.   

Choose the oil of your choice.  I prefer coconut oil, but other oils work just as well; sunflower, safflower.  

Throw a spoonful of oil in your mouth, (don't swallow), swish around for about 15 - 20 minutes.  You can do this daily, weekly, or several times a day if you wish.  Anyone should be able to practice this detoxing method. The oil should never be consumed or swallowed.  This prevents it from entering the digestive system, meaning it will not effect any medications. 

I challenge you to try it for a week and you'll quickly see that the results are amazing!   My gums are pinker, and my teeth and overall mouth  feel cleansed.  Seeking fresh breath and a success story for your oral hygiene.  Try this!!

Here are a few links with additional info on oil pulling.








Popular posts from this blog

Introducing the Kiwi

So, the kiwi originated in China, but is now grown in the US, in addition to a few select countries.  Here in America, the kiwi is pretty easy to find, and also reasonable in price.  Believe it or not, this sweet fruit is jammed pack with vitamin C - even more than that of an orange!  Also contains vitamin E, low in fat, and no cholesterol The two main claims floating around about the kiwi: 1. It's a natural energy booster! 2. It can effectively reduce asthma symptoms, and respiratory problems in general. It reduces heart problems and increases lung function. It has been suggested that a child suffering with asthma conditions can eat one to five kiwis weekly to reduce symptoms. I have personally embraced the kiwi because of the taste, plus it's a convenient snack.  But, now my love for the kiwi has been placed on a higher level.  Okay, that's a little extreme!  But seriously,  it's a fruit to consider trying, and if possible,  introducing into your daily die

Kelp Powder - Mineral Hair Treatment

View my sea kelp natural hair treatment I tried over the weekend.  It is a simple process that offers great results- shine and additional minerals that are great for the hair.  My concoction included kelp powder, aloe vera juice, and oils.  I decided to use coconut and red palm oil in my mixture, but feel free to use whatever oils work well with your hair- almond, apricot, etc.  Leave the mixture on for 2 to 4 hours.  It's easy to wash out, and the smell is minimal.  The first pic of my hair shows my texture prior to the treatment.  View the sheen and length after treatment.  This is a completely natural home remedy.  Care to learn more about kelp and how it supports hair growth, and the overall body-depending on how you use it.   Check out the link from Herb Wisdom for additional info.   http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-kelp.html