Skip to main content

My April Fun Finds

I guess I could call myself a product junkie.  Finding something that works for me is always a plus, and when it really works, I like to share the news with all.  Why not, maybe my findings can be of some help to you.  No, they won't change your world, but they may make you smile a bit.  So here are a few items I have come across this month and adored!

Shea Moisture-  This is a wonderful company that offers all natural and organic skin and hair products.  I have shopped the line at Walgreens for haircare products and Target for body.  Consider Shea Moisture Organic Cocunut And Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie.  It works well on natural hair giving the hair a sheen and pleasant smell.

http://beyondblackbeauty.com/2011/04/06/sheamoisture-organic-hair-care-at-walgreens/

For the body, I love their organic bar soap.  The cost of one bar is $4.99 but they are giant 8 oz. which is equivalent to about two bars of soap. They make my skin feel like silk and they smell good.

One of my favorite chapstick purchases was from the brand One (bath and body), another natural brand.  Honey Cream natural shea butter lip balm has been a plus in keeping my lips soft and hydrated.

Revlon is by far my favorite 'drugstore' make-up brand.  I'm not sure if it's because Halle Berry's a spokesperson or because they just happen to always have my favorite nail polish, lipsticks, etc. in comparison to their competitors.  I have purchased several of the Colorstay Mineral Lipglaze, but my most recent purchase was the color Coral.  It's bright and longwearing- last up to 8 hours! Perfect color for the summer. 

For the nails, because life can be hectic at times, I try to select nailpolish that is longlasting.  Revlon, Rimmel London, and Sally Hansen all have products that go on easy, dry fast, and can withstand more than the avarage polishes.  I'm loving Revlon nailpolish in Grey Suede, Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear nailcolors in Concrete, and Rimmel's 10 Days in Milk Chocolate.

Lastly, my newest discovery came about last night after shampooing my hair.  Light Mayonaise as a conditioner!  I slathered my scalp and entire head with Mayo, waited for about 15 minutes and then washed it out.  My hair was easy to comb through, soft, and shiny.  Very impressive and something I will definitely try again in the near future. 

Comment here, through Facebook/Twitter, and tell me what discoveries you have made this month.  Any products that you have loved or hated!

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing the Kiwi

So, the kiwi originated in China, but is now grown in the US, in addition to a few select countries.  Here in America, the kiwi is pretty easy to find, and also reasonable in price.  Believe it or not, this sweet fruit is jammed pack with vitamin C - even more than that of an orange!  Also contains vitamin E, low in fat, and no cholesterol The two main claims floating around about the kiwi: 1. It's a natural energy booster! 2. It can effectively reduce asthma symptoms, and respiratory problems in general. It reduces heart problems and increases lung function. It has been suggested that a child suffering with asthma conditions can eat one to five kiwis weekly to reduce symptoms. I have personally embraced the kiwi because of the taste, plus it's a convenient snack.  But, now my love for the kiwi has been placed on a higher level.  Okay, that's a little extreme!  But seriously,  it's a fruit to consider trying, and if possible,  introducing into your daily die

Oil Pulling- A Simple Detox

So before you begin reading this, let me say that I am prepared to hear words of doubt, confusion, and just plain ol' 'are you crazy?!' concerns.  I know this because I have been sharing this simple practice with a few friends, and they all looked at me with the side eye, as if this is something I learned from of a cult.  But seriously, this is an opportunity to hear results before you jump on the bandwagon.  Simply put, oil pulling is a form of detoxing and cleansing the body.  It is so easy, and close to free-  so right up my alley when it comes to time and cost.  Also, please note that this method of detoxing has been performed by many for ages, and has been identified as a best practice for healing the body.    Choose the oil of your choice.  I prefer coconut oil, but other oils work just as well; sunflower, safflower.   Throw a spoonful of oil in your mouth, (don't swallow), swish around for about 15 - 20 minutes.  You can do this daily,

Konjac, Facial Cleanse

I strongly believe in keeping it simple when it comes to caring for my face, and overall body.  I've never considered adopting an extensive, lengthy facial regimen.  If time, natural beauty, and simplicity are your best friends,  (plus you're looking for a cheap routine for maintaining your skin) , here's a great product to purchase!  The konjac sponge, an eco-friendly sponge that helps revive the skin, getting rid of those dead skin cells while promoting a natural healthy glow.  I've personally used the konjac sponge on my face daily, every morning since October 2016, so nearly a year.  Yes, plenty of time to identify any mishaps, negative thoughts, or concerns.  But no complaints here, because it's a winner!  The price is so low, that you cannot complain, and the work that this little plant sponge puts into your skin is even better!  Here are a few known facts about the konjac sponge: The konjac is a perennial herb, a plant found in the tropic