Skip to main content

The Nature of Beauty



After sitting in my house for the bulk of the day due to snow and cold weather, cabin fever started to take over. Out of boredom, I headed to my kitchen and begin whipping up several beauty products.  Less than two hours later, and straight from my kitchen, I had an avocado scalp cream, avocado facial moisturizer, brown sugar scrub, and a cocoa body polish.  All great for the body and perfectly edible!  I used both the facial and body scrub on myself, and the scalp cream for my daughter.  This morning, my skin looks and feels good, and my child's hair is shining.

Now, if you are not quite into homemade beauty products just yet, here are some natural products/brands that I've tried over the years and loved.  They are safe to use, earth-friendly, and winning products if you have sensitive skin. I have listed my favorites, but these lines consists of many more great products.  Check out the individual websites for additional information on the companies and their products!

Ahava- body lotion, hand and foot cream, bath salts 
JASON - body wash
Tom's of Maine- tooth paste, deodorant
Kiss My Face- lip gloss, toothpaste, body wash
Carol's Daughter- hair and body products
Burt's Bee - buttermilk body lotion, soap, toothpaste, baby products, lip gloss, lipstick
Indigo Wild - Zum Bars

http://www.ahavaus.com
http://www.jason-natural.com/home.php
http://www.tomsofmaine.com
http://www.kissmyface.com
http://www.carolsdaughter.com
http://www.burtsbee.com
http://www.indigowild.com

Let me know what natural beauty products you've tried and loved.  Comment here, Facebook, or Twitter!

Popular posts from this blog

Kelp Powder - Mineral Hair Treatment

View my sea kelp natural hair treatment I tried over the weekend.  It is a simple process that offers great results- shine and additional minerals that are great for the hair.  My concoction included kelp powder, aloe vera juice, and oils.  I decided to use coconut and red palm oil in my mixture, but feel free to use whatever oils work well with your hair- almond, apricot, etc.  Leave the mixture on for 2 to 4 hours.  It's easy to wash out, and the smell is minimal.  The first pic of my hair shows my texture prior to the treatment.  View the sheen and length after treatment.  This is a completely natural home remedy.  Care to learn more about kelp and how it supports hair growth, and the overall body-depending on how you use it.   Check out the link from Herb Wisdom for additional info.   http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-kelp.html

Living Greener- 6 Simple Updates

I believe it's been embedded in our heads that living a green life is challenging, time consuming, and expensive.  Here are several minor updates you can incorporate into your everyday living, leading you to a greener lifestyle.  I've included facts to go along with several of the topics. 1.  Laundry/Dishes- Only wash dishes and laundry when you have a full load, and use earth-friendly cleaning products http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/02/how-to-go-green-laundry.php#tips 2.  Household Cleaning - Make your own cleaning products or buy products that are safe for the environment and your home.  Most people are surprised at how affordable these products are.  Many are comparable to those packed with chemicals and toxins. http://www.treehugger.com/files/2007/01/how-to-go-green-cleaning.php#tips 3.  Natural Skin, Hair, and Body- Try homemmade products, or shop smart and choose products that are safe and good for your body.  If you think of how many...

Anxiety- The Natural Cure

Apparently, anxiety is pretty common in America, and even more common when we look at the number of women that suffer from this condition, vs men.  I was searching for info on anxiety, and I came across this awesome article -  click link below .  Also, see the 8 facts of stress that the article explains, but be sure to read the full article as it gives in-depth info on this condition, particularly if you or someone close to you suffers from anxiety. https://www.elementsbehavioralhealth.com/anxiety-disorders-2/8-facts-anxiety-anxiety-disorders/ Fact #1 : It’s normal to worry or feel anxious about some things in life. Fact #2: Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the United States. Fact #3: There are many types of anxiety disorders. Different kinds of anxiety disorders include: Of all of the anxiety disorders, GAD is the most common, affecting 5 percent of all Americans a...